"Who could look into the eyes of such a miracle and doubt the reality of God." - Angela Thomas Guffey

Our baby girl, Maylin Dawn, was born on July 18th, 2010, 9 weeks early at Parkview North Hospital in Fort Wayne. She spent 3 weeks and 2 days in the NICU facility. We created this page to keep our family and friends informed of our new life adjustments and updates on Maylin's miracles during her stay there.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Desperate on Day 3

Tuesday July 20th, 2010
Weight: 3 lbs. 9.4 oz.
Dr: "E"
Nurses: AM-Renee
PM-LuAnn

Got discharged from my postpartum room around noon that day, and moved upstairs to Maylin's room in the NICU.

Here's the NICU living quarters....
The baby's area separated by the curtain to "my area" complete with a pull out couch and oversized recliner. Living the high life here! :=P I feel like it's just a reeeally clean dorm room!
The nurse's station next to Maylin

The cleaning station! I spend A LOT of time in this little corner so it deserved a picture! Washing hands...washing pump supplies....washing hands again....I think my hands have been washed here more than my entire lifetime! Pretty sad!

My little dresser corner with mini fridge and closet

The view out of the room...right to the nurse's station. I can hear those crazy women gab at all hours of the night...it is lovely:) We're gettin' used to it!

Once I was settled, Brock left to go be home with the boys. That was very hard to leave each other after almost a week's worth of whirlwind emotions.

As far as Maylin's condition, she had a pretty frustrating night the night before. Since I couldn't get any milk to come in, they had to temporarily supply her with formula til I did start producing. It was beyond frustrating when I got up 3 times in the middle of the night, only to get literally a DROP out! Anyways, when they checked to see how that digested, it didn't do very well at all with her:( So the pressure was on and we started praying like crazy for gallons of milk to come in!

Her jaundice level doubled overnight too, to an 8.4, so she was put on a bili-light in her incubator. Not a fun thing! Couldn't swaddle or anything and she still had gobs of tubes everywhere.

The highlight of the day was that her breathing was going great, so she was taken off her c-pap and put on the nasal cannula. What a nice change!


Here's our "glow-worm"
Love this one...each hand is gripping one of my fingers:)
A little more comfortable on her belly





No comments:

Post a Comment