"Who could look into the eyes of such a miracle and doubt the reality of God." - Angela Thomas Guffey

Our baby girl, Maylin Dawn, was born on July 18th, 2010, 9 weeks early at Parkview North Hospital in Fort Wayne. She spent 3 weeks and 2 days in the NICU facility. We created this page to keep our family and friends informed of our new life adjustments and updates on Maylin's miracles during her stay there.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 20

Fri. Aug 6th, 2010
Weight: 4 lbs. 3.7 oz.
Nurse: AM-Merriam
PM-Nicole

While I've been home enjoying myself with the boys, I still called the hospital a couple of times to see how her day and evening went. She's still been content and quiet and doing good!

The nurses told me that they have her feeding tube out, and her nasal cannula out now. So I'm guessing she has nothing on her face...at all. Wow...can't wait to see that tomorrow! ALL of her face...with no tape on it anywhere--so nice!

The reason she has her feeding tube out is because they were just giving her Pedialite in 5 cc and 10 cc amounts...and we know she can bottle-feed that much down. Just this evening they started her back on breast milk, and only giving her 10 cc's at the most. We know she can do that too. So we'll see if she'll need a feeding tube ever again. I hope not!

Her weight loss only went down a tad, which is expected after surgery and no food like that for a while. She'll be getting baby fat rolls in no time I think=)

Something that we've been struggling with with Maylin is her need for her antibiotic, at how crucial it is to keep it in her system when needed. She has had thee worst time keeping her IV's in, and finding other sites for them. It is one of my biggest things I dislike about her being there, and how upset she gets when getting IV's. Please pray for her IV's to STAY IN! And when they need switched, that they find sites easy each time! Thanks:)

Brock and I are currently struggling with what exactly we want for our boys and Maylin with daycare when the time comes, and what the right decision is for our situation. It's so hard to figure out every detail right now when so much is in question at the moment. I'm now feeling a lot of stress like I need to figure this out now. Lots of prayer needed that Brock and I feel at peace with what we decide, instead of getting questioned with the decision we eventually will make.

No comments:

Post a Comment