"Who could look into the eyes of such a miracle and doubt the reality of God." - Angela Thomas Guffey

Our baby girl, Maylin Dawn, was born on July 18th, 2010, 9 weeks early at Parkview North Hospital in Fort Wayne. She spent 3 weeks and 2 days in the NICU facility. We created this page to keep our family and friends informed of our new life adjustments and updates on Maylin's miracles during her stay there.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Maylin's Going Home!!

Day 24
Tues. Aug 10th, 2010
Discharge Day!!
Dr. O
Nurse: Leslie

First of all...what a night! Between being a little stressed with what all needed done before we left for home, at about 4:30 in the morning I woke up with "the shakes" and an extremely sore right side. (You nursing mommies know what I'm talkin' about!) I had an infection coming on extremely quick. So I sat in the shower for a while in the middle of the night trying to calm it down. Not a fun feeling.

So not running on hardly any sleep....I guess you could say I was miss emotional all day with getting things around...and of course thinking of how things were going to go at home with that whole picture.

For some odd reason, I always have like an emotional breakdown when I go home from the hospital, but this time it seemed worse with leaving my temporary "norm" of over 3 weeks, with that little room and knowing exactly where everything was, and having a set routine. And the big part of just having to worry about Maylin and myself there.

So our day was a little rough, but we got through it. We were exhausted when getting back home about 5 pm that evening.

So here's some pics of us leaving the NICU!

Here's me with Dr. Olitungee. Missed an opportunity to get Brock with his buddy, Dr. Eziakadoo. (I wish I were kidding...these were our doctor's names...hence the abbreviations of Dr. E & Dr. O=) Another important man that dealt with Maylin's case a lot was Dr. Porter. He was easier to undertand and I could spell his name easy too=) They were all phenomenal!

(A not-so-flattering-pic of me I might add! Looks like mama's got some work to do!=))

Here's our girl laying in her crib one last time....

Me and my princess all ready to go!
Look closely and she's got her first headband/bow in her hair!


We're happy!

And some of my favorite nurses! Katrina and Leslie...absolutely loved them and how much they loved on Maylin during her 3 weeks here. Hard to say good bye to such awesome people!

Set to go in her car seat for her first ride home!


buh bye empty room!

Off we go!

See you at home=)

No comments:

Post a Comment