"Who could look into the eyes of such a miracle and doubt the reality of God." - Angela Thomas Guffey

Our baby girl, Maylin Dawn, was born on July 18th, 2010, 9 weeks early at Parkview North Hospital in Fort Wayne. She spent 3 weeks and 2 days in the NICU facility. We created this page to keep our family and friends informed of our new life adjustments and updates on Maylin's miracles during her stay there.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 6

Friday, July 23rd, 2010
Weight: 3 lbs. 7.2 oz.
Bilirubin: 6.1
Dr. A & Dr. O
Nurses: AM-Katrina
PM-Pat

Had a great night, not a peep outta this baby girl! She was thrilled to be swaddled and warm during the night:)
This was a day I was waiting for, for a long time! I got my bonding time with Maylin first, then left at 9 am and headed home for the 1st time in a week and a half! I was SO excited! It felt so good to be home with the boys! I missed them like crazy! What was funny was how HUGE they looked to me, especially after staring at their itty-bitty little sister for about a week straight!

We spent the day with them, then in the later afternoon took them swimming at Brock's parent's since his mom was keeping them for the night.

We left close to 6 in the evening and Brock and I headed back to FW so he could see his baby girl. Of course we stopped and ate some BW's for supper first:)

When we got back my mom was still there and was helping watch Maylin for the day. My dad had come up for a little bit too. They each helped "tube feed" her during that day.

Brock got his long-awaited opportunity to hold Maylin for the 1st time for a longer period of time. He was in heaven! And he was hooked right off the bat too:)

She was so awake and alert for him!

Doing a feeding with her


Love them!


1 comment: