"Who could look into the eyes of such a miracle and doubt the reality of God." - Angela Thomas Guffey

Our baby girl, Maylin Dawn, was born on July 18th, 2010, 9 weeks early at Parkview North Hospital in Fort Wayne. She spent 3 weeks and 2 days in the NICU facility. We created this page to keep our family and friends informed of our new life adjustments and updates on Maylin's miracles during her stay there.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

2 Weeks Old!!

Day 15
Sun. Aug. 1st, 2010
Weight: 3 lbs. 15.5 oz.
Dr. Porter
Nurses: AM-Jessalyn
PM-Kathy

What a great day!

Woke up, got ready for church, and listened to Pastor Jim for the 1st time in a few weeks. Man that felt great! It still continues to amaze me how his messages relate in some significant way as to what I am currently going through at the moment. One of the big things he mentioned was how as parents we want to take the place of our kids if they're hurting, and wow, how true that is! It was absolutely amazing at how much prayer and support we received from our church family that morning for Maylin...I absolutely love Grace!

After church we took the boys straight to FW to finally meet their baby sister for the 1st time! That was pretty exciting=)
Kahler was very interesting in the baby, while Isaac was just too distracted!

Here come the big brothers!

Isaac checked her out a LITTLE bit=)

Kahler was really curious:)

They had a lot of fun playing in the NICU lounge while we waited on Maylin's feeding time to get her out.

Isaac's new phase of going shirtless everywhere=/ What a goof!

I
Baby sister is out!! Kahler wanted to love on her! Notice me being a tad protective from the huge monster kid! We'll have to teach him to be gentle=)
Silly me wanted to try the "unspeakable" with my 2 crazy boys, and tried to get our 1st family pic together. HA! Keep dreaming Mommy=)
Oh well I still like it...cuz it's exactly how my kids are at the moment! =)...most of all I think I like Brock's expression! Clearly saying "What on earth did I get myself into??!" lol.

After that excitement we took the boys to the Parkview Hospital park. This place is awesome! I'm going to have to get more pics of it soon cuz the playground is just huge! Awesome circuit work out equipment that I'm definitely going to have to look into with my free time! Really pretty grounds to walk or run too!
The giant adult swings! Kahler had this low belly laugh on these the whole time, while it relaxed Isaac a lot--too funny!


News on how Maylin's day went:
*Drank 12 cc's of her bottle that day
*Feedings got up'd to 34 cc's.
*Still no word on date or time of surgery
*Lab results from tests done on previous day showed no growth in blood stream! Great news!

*The BIG news of the day was our baby girl got moved to her FIRST CRIB! How excited we were! She was doing a great job of regulating her own temp in the isolette, that she graduated from that to a crib!

Here's her nurse, Jessalyn making the big move:)
What a difference just to go up and talk to her and even touch her without going through the glass! So great!

The boys went home with Mom and Dad that day and Brock got to stay and bond with his baby girl=)

Love it that he can participate and feed her when he stays!

She loves her dad=)
Brock and I finally got a pic of just him and I with our little miracle! Missed a lot of these opportunities opposed to having a "normal birth"
So we got one....I like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment