"Who could look into the eyes of such a miracle and doubt the reality of God." - Angela Thomas Guffey

Our baby girl, Maylin Dawn, was born on July 18th, 2010, 9 weeks early at Parkview North Hospital in Fort Wayne. She spent 3 weeks and 2 days in the NICU facility. We created this page to keep our family and friends informed of our new life adjustments and updates on Maylin's miracles during her stay there.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 13

Friday July 30th, 2010
Weight: 3 lbs. 14.2 oz.
Bilirubin: 4.9
Dr. Porter
Nurses: AM-Kris
PM-Deb, Megan

Cord appeared darker in color, like it was starting to dry up. Not near as red around skin area.

Lady May nursed awesome at her 9 am feeding! Stayed on for like 10 min. I was so excited and proud of her!

Test results came back from culture done on the cord site and came back testing positive for Group B Strep (GBS). Also did a culture on her right eye where it had a small amount of discharge from there.

Dr. Smith did a follow up check on the cord since we started the antibiotics and decided he was going to go ahead and remove it.

So...my baby girl is going to get scheduled for surgery. Hearing the news at first kind of hit me hard, knowing that they'll put her under completely to remove the cord. A little scary for a mommy to hear that about their baby:(
We're ready to have this thing out and taken care of, and good news is that he'll make her belly button look normal too. It would have probably made a prominent "outtie" if it wasn't for him fixing it!

Other than that, I remember this night was probably my most depressing night, feeling the way I did about the surgery, and no visitors at all that day, I felt pretty lonely...and sorry for myself! I know, pathetic, but I think that's what hospitals start doing to you, especially when you're alone at night in the evenings eating supper. Just not really all that comforting=-/ I was SO ready for Saturday when I was going to get to go home! Brock was too...I can safely say he was missin' me lots at this point at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment