"Who could look into the eyes of such a miracle and doubt the reality of God." - Angela Thomas Guffey

Our baby girl, Maylin Dawn, was born on July 18th, 2010, 9 weeks early at Parkview North Hospital in Fort Wayne. She spent 3 weeks and 2 days in the NICU facility. We created this page to keep our family and friends informed of our new life adjustments and updates on Maylin's miracles during her stay there.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 21

Sat. Aug 7th, 2010
Gestation: Would have been 34 weeks along!
Weight: 4 lbs. 3.7 oz.
Dr. Porter
Nurses: Jessalyn & Karissah

That day I got up, got around and said good-bye to my fellas at home to head back to our Lady May after not being with her for a couple days. First time I slept at home 2 nights in a row, so I was really missin' my baby girl!

She was under fantastic care while I was away, and apparently making a lot of progress too! I was about half and hour away and got a call from the hospital and it was Dr. Porter giving me her update. He informed me that she had drank down 2 bottles with 36 cc's from each.

Holy cow! This girl wasn't hardly taking 1/2 of ONE bottle before her surgery! Completely crazy! She must've woke up from that surgery on Friday absolutely starving or something and realized this milk was some Good Stuff=)

So ever since the surgery on Thursday, she rested up a ton, then Friday while I was away they were weining her back onto food by giving her small amount of Pedialite from a bottle. Did good with that, then gave her small amounts of my milk. Did good with that too. Still no feeding tube...mega plus!

Dr. Porter also filled me that they discontinued her IV so she didn't have to have that stuck in her anymore...halleluiah!!

What I was ready to find was my girl with nothing on her face...no feeding tube or nasal tube, and no tape to hold it on her pretty little face!
This is how I found her when I came back. She took my breath away=)

ALSO....here is a Before/After pic of her little nasty umbilical cord with 9 lives=)
Before: (Right after Dr. Smith cut it down)

and AFTER! Check out that cute little innie:) No way I'm letting her pierce this thing when she's in high school! Cost us big bucks to get it looking normal! ha!
The little tape under it in her smiley face incision where they did the exploratory part of the surgery. They tied off the connection from the bladder because apparently an extra vessel was "feeding" this cord and keeping it "alive". I know...gross. So glad it's over with!

Had to get a pic of my peanut in PINK! Yep, I'm getting used to the pink I think;)
This is my clearance buy from Babies-R-Us. My 1st outfit I bought for my baby girl...I like it on her!

The rest of Maylin's progressive day was topped off with her gulping down her 4 bottles for the day in total, then did her 4 last night with me. I am one proud momma!



No comments:

Post a Comment